1.2
Coverage Area
Style and Design

It is very unfortunate that NHL TV is not a better product. As a Bruins fan who is out of state in the Navy, I was excited to have a way to watch all the Bruins games without spending an excessive amount of money on a cable subscription I would not otherwise use.

Unfortunately any game that is played on NBC, NBCSN, or any other national broadcast is blacked out and unavailable to watch online until that game is finished. In addition, any games in the local area will be blacked out. Live in California and your team is playing the Ducks or Kings? You will not be able to watch with your NHL subscription until the game is over which may not be a feasible option if you have to be up for work the following morning.

Playoffs? All games are on NBC or NBCSN, so all games are blacked out. Isn't that useful?

In addition to this, the streaming quality is not what you would expect. My computer and wifi are able to stream Netflix, movies, youtube videos, and many other things without any issue. Do not expect an HD picture. Streaming fluctuates between what is, at best, an acceptable picture and, at worst, a blurry image that is reminiscent of the quality experienced in the early 90s. The frame rate is also usually choppy throughout every game.

Finally, access to NHL tv is not easy. This may be the fault of my own, but I have not found a way to go directly to NHL TV's web address. Instead I have to go to NHL.com and click the game I want to watch along the top of the website. The problem with this is that the games all have the scores and times, so if you are joining late expect to have the game results spoiled. My solution: cover the majority of the computer screen with papers and slowly work my way across to my interest while hoping to not ruin it for myself.

CONCLUSION: IF YOU HAVE ANY ALTERNATIVE TO WATCHING YOUR NHL HOME TEAM, TAKE THAT ALTERNATIVE. I will be getting a cable subscription in order to watch the playoffs. NHL TV has potential but seems to be ruined by the sole interest of collecting your money rather than providing you with a good product.

Product or Service Mentioned: Nhl Tv Streaming Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Reliability, Inability to stream a game without it freezing up, Poor frame rate while streaming, Poor video quality, Far too many blacked out games.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 12.

Comments