I'll make a long story very short. I went to watch NHL.tv last Friday and could not login.

Called NHL.tv and was told there was an issue with my account and it would be "escalated" for resolution. I asked to speak to a supervisor and told the same thing. After about 75 minutes on the phone, I was told that my account was being used by others and my account suspended. I asked where it was being used and was told various places within and without the US, including Amsterdam.

I was astonished to hear this and said my account had obviously been hacked. The agent said it was my "responsibility to protect by login information". I asked how I was supposed to protect something without being aware there was a problem. Again, she indicated it my responsibility.

I was also told that I had breached the terms of the agreement by "sharing" my account information with others. I told her that was ridiculous and I had NOT shared my information with anyone, including family members. In fact, I indicated that I had purchased a separate account for my son, knowing I could not share my account. That fell on deaf ears.

Having reached wits end, I patiently awaited a call from the "escalation" department. I called for an update each of the next four days and finally was told I would hear from NHL.tv Tuesday evening. Of course that call never came. Wednesday morning I did hear from a representative of the "escalation" department and was told my account had been TERMINATED for breach of agreement.

Going through the same dialogue as before regarding my being unaware of any misuse of my account, the representative said it my my responsibility to "monitor my IP usage" with my internet provider. I said "Who does that? I'm a CPA, not an IT person". I told the representative that this entire matter could have been easily resolved if they had contacted me regarding the "suspicious" activity and multiple users on my account.

I could have easily changed my password and averted any future unauthorized use. As of this writing, my account has been terminated and I am not able to subscribe to NHL.tv in the future. Apparently there is no higher authority to appeal this matter to. This action was taken unilaterally by NHL.tv without any notification or ability to cure.

I shall explore my legal rights, but don't expect to prevail. I've been a season ticket holder to an NHL franchise since 1975 and enjoy watching my home team from whatever location I may be at.

Unfortunately that will not be the case in the future. I'll explore other options.

Review about: Nhl Tv Subscription.

Reason of review: Terminattion without cause.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Watching hockey from locations away from home.

I didn't like: Having account terminated without cause.

Comments